Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Richmond Spotlight

The talent in this town amazes me! I feel so lucky to be part of such a creative community. I have decided to do a weekly blog entry featuring artists and crafters in the area. This week's featured artists are two fabulous sellers on Etsy and members of the Richmond Etsy Street Team:
Dichroic Pendant
Meet Janice Alexander, an Artist/Jewelry Designer who happily resides in Richmond, Virginia with her husband and two Boxer dogs (Austin and Molly). Her Etsy store features some of her incredible unique dichroic glass and sterling silver jewelry . This piece is one of my favorites from her shop - what a wonderful range of color and depth! Very sleek and sophisticated! Be sure to check out her Etsy store for more samples of her work.

Meet "Jenypenny", a Senior System Engineer by day and a painter, altered artist, scrapbooker by night. She has just recently moved to the Richmond area and I've been lucky enough to meet and chat with her at the local Craft Lounge at the Camel.
This sweet little bird painting is one of my favorites from her Etsy shop. Fun and whimsical in it's design, vintage buttons add terrific texture and depth, and of course the wonderful message it brings with its text of "dreams".

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com