Thursday, March 8, 2007

Bubbles with a Wink!

11"14" color pencil

I had not drawn anything in Color pencils since Christmas time and was beginning to miss them. Decided I would take a break from animals since I've been working on several dog commissions since the Pet Expo. So, decided to start a couple different pieces centering around the magic moments of childhood.
I stumbled across some wonderful photos on Morguefile by photographer Pheadra Wilkinson. She kindly gave me her permission to use her photo as a reference for my drawing.
I have had a lot of fun with this piece. I may try another version of this on mylar/drafting film. Have not done anything on that surface before, but I've been intrigued by the work of some other artists who have been working with this material.
My next piece is of a young boy daydreaming while eating an icecream cone. I hope to post some pictures soon.

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com