Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Recent Work

For the New Year I found myself wanting to try something new. I tried dabbling with my new acrylics (a Christmas gift from my family). However, I found myself getting impatient and frustrated with this medium and my results. Also, after all the color pencil portrait commission work I had done for the holidays, I felt it would be nice to take a short break from them as well. So, I bought myself a ink pen and dusted off the set of watercolors I had been given as a birthday gift several years ago. I thought it might be interesting to combine my love of drawing with the watercolors. I have been having so much fun!!! I love the detail I am able to get with the ink, but I am also enjoying the looseness I am able to achieve with the watercolors.
Here is the first:
"Tiger in Bamboo" 9 x 10 India ink and watercolor

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com