Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birthday and Murals

February is usually a quiet month for me with time to catch up on inventory, read a few books, and celebrate my birthday. THIS year, however, February was a whirlwind of activity. I've been working on two LARGE (5'x10') murals for my boys' elementary school cafeteria. We (two other artists Moms) are doing a series of murals depicting the food groups and done in the style of different well known artists. My first mural was "Veggies" done in the style of Roy Lichtenstein.

Had a nice birthday this year. I took the day off and spent it at the Virginia Museum. I was lucky enough to see the AMAZING Picasso exhibit that is currently on display through Mid-May. What a PERFECT way to spend the day!!
I couldn't resist getting myself this birthday bouquet of tulips - a lovely reminder that spring is almost here! The boys helped me to make some incredibly yummy VEGAN cupcakes - carrot cake and mint chocolate. The recipes came from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.

Now that February is over and we are halfway through March - how did THAT happen?!?! - I am working on my show list for Spring/Summer. I'll be posting that soon.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com