Sunday, October 25, 2009

Strange Findings in the Woods


I start just about every morning with a walk in the woods with my sidekick Zelda (0ur 2 year old chocolate lab). Most of the time it's a great way to start the day. We often find such beauty and sometimes even a treasure our two. (I was very excited to find a bluejay feather on Monday!)


Most of this week has been the same . . . gorgeous golden fall leaves, amazing lichen and moss covered trees . . .

a friendly little toad . . .

a pretty blue butterfly who does not seem to realize that winter is around the corner.

BUT . . . this mornings findings were quite strange . . . one rubber tire in the middle of the woods . . . one brand new looking hiking boot (I'd love to know the story behind that one! How do you walk out of the woods with only one boot?) . . . and one dead dear. Yep, you heard me right. She was a pretty young doe just lying there without a scrape or bite on her. I suppose she just got sick.
Such a strange way to start my morning.

I'm looking forward to an afternoon of fall cheer with the kids dressing up for a neighborhood Halloween party. I get to do face painting, hurrah!

Then it's time to pack up the studio before the window installation guys come on Monday morning. Not sure where to put all my stuff. Sigh.

Happy rest of the weekend to you all!
Andrea

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com