Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So Many Snakes

(photo for google's public domain images)

I really must learn to take my camera with me when I go walking in the mornings. It is always on the days I don't have it that I see the most wildlife. This morning I saw 3 snakes! First we saw a very large black snake, then we had a yellow striped snake fly past us on the paved path of the park - yikes! That will wake you up quick in the morning!!! I have never seen this variety of snake before, but I think it is a Eastern Ribbon Snake because it looked pretty similar to the above photo.

As if that was not enough excitement for one morning,when were getting ready to head home we saw a copperhead under some shrubs.
Geesh! Ok, I love wildlife, but I will admit that snakes are not my favorite. I'm hoping I've seen my quota for the day especially since the kids and I are packing up the car and going camping with my parents for the next 3 days.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snake free, mosquito free, poison ivy free couple of days. Ha! I'm not asking for too much am I?! ;-)

Have a great week all!

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com