Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Attack Mantis

Yesterday when I went to get the mail, I spotted this guy on our front porch. Rather than being shy as Praying Mantis' tend to be, he was very bold, walking straight towards me and looking rather curious. I went and grabbed my camera and called my 6 year old to come take a look. The mantis continued to come closer and closer to check us out, and as I was snapping this photo he ATTACKED! He landed right on my shirt!!! I began screaming and yelling to "get off"! I never realized I was so girly, lol! :-)
Not to worry, no one was hurt, the mantis jumped off and went on his merry way, and we went back in to the air conditioned and bug free house.

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com