Monday, January 21, 2008

Playing with Porcelain

Well, after I purchased my itty bitty kiln over the holidays to start firing pmc, I decided it might be fun to play around with clay again. I have had a lot of experience over the years with low fire clay, but had never used porcelain. So, I thought, why not give it a try? I ordered a high temp pyrometer to go with my firefly kiln and started having some fun!
"Retro Fun" Porcelain Circles and Lemon Jade Rondelle Earrings. Aren't they fun? ;-)
Porcelain Pendant - hand stamped. I used a black glaze and wiped part of the glaze away from my design. The pendant hangs from a necklace of black stone beads. Earthy, yet elegant.
I love this piece, and hopefully someone else will too. I just can't seem to get a good photo to capture the richness of texture and shine of the porcelain with the clear glaze. I just love to lay in the grass and watch the birds soar in the clouds, and wanted to capture a bit of that in this piece. The pretty bird hangs from a sterling silver chain with little Amazonite beads for a touch of "sky".

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com