Thursday, January 25, 2007

Horses



I have drawn many dogs and cats, and even a few guinea pigs, but I have only drawn one horse in the past. So, I made it my New Year's resolution to finally add some horse drawings and paintings to my portfolio. However, for some reason I kept dragging my feet. Then one day last week I stopped in a small local store looking for directions to a nearby hobby store. It just happened to be a horse store! They sell horse and riding equipment, and of course, horse artwork. I talked to the manager about displaying some of my work or note cards. She said, "Sure, bring it in!". That was all the motivation I needed! I started drawing and painting all kinds of horses. I took several framed pieces and note cards in to the store today. It was very exciting!
I also opened up a Zazzle store with some of the new horse images. You can check it out at:
http://www.zazzle.com/artworkbyandrea*
The piece above was done in pastels. It is 9"x12"

No comments:

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."

Visit my web site at www.artworkbyandrea.com